GOA KONKANI AKADEMI HAS DISTRIBUTED ITS WORK IN VARIOUS SECTIONS/WINGS:
- To undertake post-graduate Konkani courses with the help of Goa University.
- Konkani certificate examinations are conducted (The four examination levels are
Prarambha, Pravesh, Parichay, Pravin)
- Issuance of certificate regarding knowledge of Konkani language.
- Training camps/wokshops for the teachers.
- Clarissa Vaz e Morenaz Konkani Research fellowship.
- Konkani Shabdasagar: Encyclopedic dictionary of 8 volumes. The first volume is already published. The second volume is on the verge of publication. Pandurang Bhangui is the Chief Editor and Prof. S.S. Nadkarni is Assistant Editor.
- English-Konkani Dictionary edited by Dr. Manoharrai Sardesai is under print.
- Englilsh-Konkani vocabulary edited by Chandrakant Keni is already published under this project.
The aim is to conserve and preserve rich folklore of Goa.
Documentation: so far various genres of folklore such as folk songs, folk tales, folk art festivals are collected and recorded in the forms photographs, video cassettes, audio cassettes, c.d.'s etc.
Academy also makes a list of folklore information centers and undertakes the publication of books. The folklore section has published the following books:
JAYANTI NAIK - Ratha Tujeo Ghudio, Kanner Khunti Naari, Tlloi Ukhalli Kelliani, Manalim Gitam, Pednecho Dosro, Lokbimb
PROF. SHYAM VEREKAR - Goychea Lokvedacho Rupkar
CHANDRAKANT KENI - Kansavlechem Rayam Fest
Academy supports in the organization of folk festivals.
Jayanti Naik, research Assistant looks after this section.
- This section looks after the various schemes, such as first publication scheme, transliteration scheme,
childrens' books publication scheme, Konkani Shilpkar scheme, and scheme-giving assistance for publication.
- Special books about Konkani language and culture are published.
- To publish entire works of Shenoi Goembab. This scheme will work with he assistance of Institute Menezes Braganza Institution.
- Organization of Book Exhibitions.
- Supplying books to libraries of Konkani Institutes.
- Organizing annual Yuwa Sahitya Sammelans. So far such sammelans are held at
Quepem, Ponda, Mapusa, Sanquelim, Canacona.
- Organising seminars, camps, workshops, symposia etc.
- To publish a journal on literature-culture theme.
- Drama tiatr festivals are held aimed at proliferating Konkani identity. Academy organizes such festivals in the rural areas of
Goa. Till date Academy has to its credit ten of such festivals.
- Creation of Konkani telefilms/documentary. Academy gives financial assistance to make Konkani
telefilms. While commemorating Shenoi Goembab's 125th centenary celebrations, one of such docudramas on the life and works of Shenoi Goembab is already released.
- Organising tiatr writing competition coinciding with the birthday of Pai Tiatrist late Joao Agostino
Fernandes. The manuscript of first prize entry is published.